Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bali Bliss


I am sitting enjoying my coconut shake in my post massage haze, watching the surfers in their dance and play on the waves and I am smiling from the inside out like a cat that got the cream. I am feeling so rested down (not that I have a huge amount of stress in my life anyways) but I feel incredibly comfortable in my body and settled in my mind. It is 15 days til I am home, and thoughts of lamb roasts, red wine, hours of endless chats with my sister, cuddles with my nephew and catching up with everyone  are starting to seep into my Yoga Coach bubble. It is our half day off, but the week has flown by and I am oh so grateful as the next 15 days could be arduous if it was not for the beautiful sangha (community) that is forming within the group of diverse and wonderful people that have gathered.

Leaving India I was so close to changing my flights and heading straight home – I was ready, I have missed 4 months of my nephews life and I did not want to miss a minute more, I was sad about leaving one “home” and thought that heading to my real “home” was perhaps the answer. But things happen for a reason, I knew that transitions are useful (see coming... being...going) and that being here in Bali was going to be amazing and perfect timing, which of course it is. I am slowly moving from freaking out about remembering muscle names to surprising myself with reciting what to do when someone is kyphodic. So a nice place to be – sitting with old stories of “you are stupid you don’t get it “ and proving the story teller wrong. Awesome.
Dinner with the girls on our night off
But back to home and I am filled with excitement like a small girl at Christmas who just received a pink My Little Pony....it fills me with butterflies and delight. I can not wait.  And for now I am enjoying the environment and company here, I am in the moment and loving every minute.  Our weekend off is filled with some down time (we are in lectures 6 hours of the day, so a break is deserved) and a chance to unwind and maintain balance. A key message from Mark. Our teacher is not about extremes, or posing his views about diet and lifestyle on us. So tonight will be dinner out with the girls, I will have a cocktail on the beach, or maybe a beer, or hell, even both. Perhaps not a raging Saturday night out on the town, but it is guaranteed to be a beautiful evening with lovely company. Beer on a Yoga Teacher Training course I can here you say, that is not yogic!!  But yoga is about real life, and about creating balance in the real world. So things don’t need to be either or, they can be both. Enjoy life, but don’t indulge in habits that are not useful, that don’t support well being. It is not that complicated really, and tonight, I think a beer is supporting my well being as I unwind some more and sink a little bit further into Bali Bliss.

PS For the record, I stuck with one beer with dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment