Sunday, June 24, 2012

One Love


I am on the plane, one hour from landing and strangely enough that deep sense of okness has not left my body. It feels normal to be here on this plane, to be heading “home” after 18 months, nothing out of the ordinary here. But I don’t have an ordinary anymore, I don’t have a “norm” so each day, each moment is new and interesting and exciting.  Moving around, changing locations, meeting new people, saying goodbye – they are all my norm. When you shift your paradigm of comparison, with it you move your perspective and along follows the feeling states. It has not lost the shine, it has not got dull and boring (even packing my pack for the 100th time), I am used to it but it is certainly not yawn worthy or average or ho hum. How lucky am I? Incredibly blessed and I am feeling a whole lotta gratitude as I look out the window and see the vast great land I call home. I have the Peter Allen song in my head right now, “I still call Australia home”. 

In about 2 hours I will get to hug my sister and meet my nephew for the first time – now that thought pulls at my heart strings I must say. A new little person came into our world in my absence and I get to see him, cuddle him, smell him and touch his tiny little hands and feet (as opposed to skype) I am sure the poor kid will get a shock when he hears my voice for real v’s out of the little square black box (Bec’s iPhone).  I remember leaving in January last year and thinking that when I got home that there could just be a new little person, it filled me with sadness and nerves and fear at the time, but today, I feel nothing but excitement and joy. 

I wrote the other day about the big questions in life, about pondering why are we here and who are we? When you have some time to navel gaze it is inevitable that you ask yourself these things. (Maybe you don’t, but I have spent a good few hours on the subject) I have had the fortunate opportunity to figure out what is in my heart and follow it, to have dreams and to do them, to listen to my little voices of reason (aka fear) in my head and tell them to bugger off I am going to do it anyway. In that process, in being able to embrace life, I have been able to do and see some amazing things along they way and to meet some incredible people. But back to my pondering or navel gazing or what ever you want to call it. 

The big questions, or rather the big answers are just that, they are big, but then they are also small. They are complicated but yet oh so simple.  We are all connected and we are all love. We are all God or Atman or Bliss or Purusha or Prakrita or Shiva or Shakta. We are all Buddha nature, we are all light and we are all love. We are one. We are love. Whatever you chose to call it, at our core we are all of those things, they are inherent in us. We don’t need to go find it or build it up or develop it. We don’t need to learn it or practice it or even study for years to find it. It is there, all the time, we just need to see it. Uncover it, realise it, allow it to be. We just need to get ourselves out of the way. I like how the Tibetans describe it, we are like a glass window simply covered in dirt, we simply need to remove the dirt to reveal the clear clarity of the glass underneath. Simple.  Or another great saying I heard the other day
 “ You don’t need to see it to believe it, believe it and you will see it.”
The light resides within

So folks, day 1 or day 21, thanks for hanging out and joining me. I made it, I posted daily, I can’t say I loved it every day, but I did it anyway. I will keep blogging as I love it, but maybe a wee break while I hang out with Coops and my family. I have the next 2 months in Aus before heading back to India for the fun to continue!  If you want, you can check out www.freedom-retreats.com to see what I will be up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment